Friday, May 20, 2005

I (heart) Susan's Branching Out Scarf.

Ah, it is so nice to be done with school. I forgot that life could be so relaxed. Life has been so chill, in fact, that I have had nothing to blog about. Actually, that's not really true, my camera has just been in my brother's car in Idaho, and I wanted to wait until I could show you pictures of what I've been doing!

KNITTING

Here is my latest finished project, Susan's Branching Out scarf from Knitty.

This is my cute mom, who has always looked like Barbie and been mistaken for my sister. The scarf was a Mother's Day gift. (Thanks for letting me post your mug on the internet, Mom!) Anyway, Susan's pattern is super-fun and fairly easy to knit up. I was quite surprised how quickly I was able to finish this. I used the Knit One Crochet Two Douceur et Soie recommended by her pattern on size 8 straights. She also told me at Stitch and Bitch that I might not want to use the whole ball, so I didn't. I think I did 30 repeats. Thanks again for the fun pattern, Susan! Mom loved it!

Currently, I am about 2 feet away from finishing the Fair Isle Jazz scarf from Scarf Style, so be expecting that FO soon. My goal is to finish it by the middle of next week. I'm also working on the Aggie scarf, which has a sad story to go along with it, and a sweater for Matthew, which from the looks of it, he will be able to wear when he's 5.

SCRAPBOOKING

I have also, for the first time since Christmas, had time to scrapbook! I am finding that I am 3 times slower than I used to be, and less patient with the details. This could be due to the fact that Matthew has to "help." So, either he's helping, or I'm doing it at midnight. Hopefully I'll get it back. At least I'm getting it worked on. Here's my latest layout:


LAW SCHOOL

Thanks, everyone, for your input on the law school decision. I wish I could say we had a clue what we're going to do. We are not good with decisions. Here's an example of how decision-making goes at our house: Last night, we decided to go out to eat.

Kimi: Where do you want to go?

Ryan: I don't know, where do you want to go?

Kimi: I don't know, what sounds good?

Ryan: Hmmm....I don't really know. Should we just drive around until we pass something that sounds ok?

Kimi: OK

On the 5th trip from one end of Logan to the other, we MIGHT finally pick a restaurant. But usually it's the 6th! So, you can just imagine how well we're doing trying to decide between BYU and Washington and Lee. Another problem is that Ryan is still on waiting lists at 6 top-ten schools, and he has decided that he is just not content to settle for the places he's already accepted to, so he sees no point in deciding between the two (even though deposit deadlines are coming up) until he knows for sure that he's not going to get accepted somewhere else. So, maybe the week before school we'll decide, or something!

OTHER STUFF

iTune of the week: Anyone who downloads MP3s needs to check out Ryan Adams' cover of Wonderwall. No seriously. Go do it.

Cooking: I slacked off on cookbook of the month, but there is one. I will blog about cooking on Sunday.