Monday, May 02, 2005

10 Reasons to Move to Lexington

Maybe this is evil of me, but after some research on the city of Lexington, VA, I almost HOPE Ryan's other waitlist schools don't call...

1. It's not Provo.
2. Lexington looks like this:

3. We could rent a 2-story house in the woods with wood floors, a loft, and a huge deck for what we are paying for our apartment right now.
4. Bike trails. Lots of bike trails.
5. Movies in the park, free Friday concerts, and a surprisingly great arts scene.
6. As far as one of my relative's previous accusation goes about how I will have to Internet-shop for the entire 3 years of law school, Lexington is approximately:
2 hours from D.C. (Nope, no shopping there)
5 hours from NY (Don't even get me started)
45 minutes from the nearest Target
2 hours from IKEA
7. And Lexington is also only 2 1/2 hours from the beach.
8. Has anyone seen Sommersby (which was filmed in Lexington, and the only change that had to be made was to add dirt to the paved roads)? If you have seen it lately, I probably don't need to say any more.
9. This chocolate store.
10. The obvious reasons: law school ranking, scholarship, all that good stuff...