Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Happy Day

I just finished the last big paper I will ever have to write at USU. You have NO idea how happy I am about this. The best part is that I didn't start it until last night, and I finished it four hours before the deadline. All 20 pages. What can I say, I work well under pressure. I really should become a journalist or something...

In other news, just after I posted the final law school update, Ryan got his first waitlist acceptance. (Wahoo!) So now, we can add Washington and Lee to the to-consider list. Not only did they accept him, they offered him a half-tuition scholarship, which I thought was weird since they didn't initially accept him. They must of got word about how freakin' hot he is...

Anyway, even though it would end up costing quite a bit more than BYU, its also ranked about 19 spots higher. So, what can anyone tell me about Lexington. Of the people we know who know anything about it, there seem to be two camps of thought. One, those who claim it is the best small town in the U.S., and two, those who exclaim, "Uggh, it is out in the BOONIES!" and then ask me how about how I feel about doing all my shopping via internet (This, for me, might be a good thing. I am much more restrained when it comes to internet shopping).

Boonieville or no, I think I would be happy just to get out of Utah. It's not that I don't like Utah, I just am ready for a change, for an adventure. But I'm just not sure how much adventure can really exist in a town of less than 3,000 people. But I hear it has great bike trails! And they have movies in the park! And, FYI, Sommersby was filmed there (the only change they had to make to the town to make it look like the 1800s was to add dirt to the street!). Anyway, I will keep you updated as to what we decide, but if anyone has the inside scoop on Lexington, PLEASE fill me in!