Friday, May 13, 2005

2 Things Worth Blogging About

Number 1 Thing:

8 years after graduating from high school, I am FINALLY finished with college! Whoohoo!

The girl next to me in the procession asked me what I plan to do now that I'm finished. Maybe it makes me a complete loser that I have no plans, but I have really enjoyed these last couple of weeks of having nowhere to go and nothing to do. Matthew and I have played at the park, watched movies, visited relatives and friends, and just played. And my house, for the first time in months, is clean. And I'm not even exhausted. And we have not resorted to fast food even once in the last two weeks.

While we were visiting one of my favorite professors the week before graduation, he was trying to convince me that I ought to think about applying for law school, or maybe a master's program. I told him, "You know, I just don't have the desire to write another paper or open another book again for a really long time!" He looked completely crushed, like he had completely failed. I laughed and explained that it was not his fault. I just am not the academic type! I also think it will probably be a full-time job making sure Ryan stays sane during law school. But truthfully, I wonder how long I will be able to stay away. I have never known life without school! Ryan says he's going to laugh when, in six months, I start writing research papers just for fun.

And the other thing: Something worth graduating for:

A graduation gift from Ryan. 20G of fun. Had I known I was going to get an iPod, I would have tried to graduate much sooner!